Teck Resources Limited (“Teck”) is extending its monitoring and drilling investigation on Davis Street, between Third Avenue and Second Avenue, until March 31, 2024.
Drilling Investigation Update – Davis Street Between Second and Third Avenue
• Teck Resources Limited (“Teck”) is extending its monitoring and drilling investigation on Davis Street, between Third Avenue and Second Avenue, until March 31, 2024.
• This investigation, continuing on from work initiated during Teck’s annual geotechnical monitoring program, aims to assess the integrity of historical mine features in the area. Drilling and monitoring are methods employed to safely gather data on subsurface mine features beneath Davis Street.
• In the upcoming weeks, Teck’s personnel and contractors will be undertaking monitoring activities within a fenced area on Davis Street between 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. During this period, there may be additional noise and work activity. We will do our best to keep any disruptions to a minimum.
• While additional drilling is being planned, the timing of this work is yet to be determined. As a result, fencing in the area will remain in place until the work is complete, and the analysis of results is available.
• The results of the drilling and monitoring will help inform any required next steps for mitigation or further site investigation. Should additional actions be deemed necessary, we will promptly notify you to keep you informed of any upcoming measures.
• In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Moss Giasson, Project Manager, Legacy Properties at 250-608-0290 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments, or concerns can also be raised to any of our community feedback channels, via email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-888-767-7706 (toll-free).