The 2022 Annual Report is Available
Part 4, Division 5 of the Community Charter requires the City of Rossland Council to consider the Annual Municipal Report at a public Council meeting, by the end of June each year. At this meeting, Council must consider submissions and questions from the public. Information regarding how and where to submit input will be published once the report has been made public (mid-June). The following legislation outlines the requirements of the Annual Municipal Report:
Community Charter (section 98)
Council must prepare an Annual Municipal Report, and make it available for public inspection, before June 30 each year. This report must include:
- A statement of objectives and measures that will be used as the basis for determining the municipality’s performance for the current year and subsequent year;
- Progress report on the objectives and measures established for the previous year;
- Report on the municipality’s services and operations for the previous year;
- The audited financial statements for the previous year;
- A list of permissive tax exempted properties for the previous year;
- Declarations of disqualification (if any) for the previous year.
Community Charter (section 168) and Local Government Act (section 377)
Reporting on Council remuneration, expenses and contracts must also be completed at least once a year. The City of Rossland prepares and presents this information at the same meeting as the Annual Municipal Report.
Community Charter (section 99)
The scheduled Council meeting or public meeting must be held no less than 14 days after release of Annual Municipal Report.
To view the archive click here: Annual Report Archive
Rossland residents are invited to provide feedback on the Annual Report during the Public Consultation period in June.
Comments and feedback can be received:
- In Person at City Hall located at 2196 Leroi Avenue, Rossland BC
- By Mail C/O Deputy Corporate Officer, PO Box 1179, Rossland BC, V0G 1Y0
- By Email to the Deputy Corporate Officer