The City of Rossland is accepting applications for 2017 Permissive Tax Exemption and the 2017 Revitalization Tax Exemption program. In order to qualify for permissive tax exempt status, all of the following criteria must be met:
- Must be a registered charity or non-profit society
- Is the registered owner of the property or a tenant under a lease requiring taxes be paid directly to the City of Rossland
- Must qualify for an exemption under the provisions of the Community Charter (Part 7, Division 7, Section 224)
- Applies to Class 4 (industrial), Class 5 (light industrial), Class 6 (business) and Class 8 (recreation & non-profit) properties only
- Minimum increase in taxable assessed value due to investment in revitalization of $10,000.
The revitalization tax exemption program (Bylaw #2488) is meant to encourage investment and revitalization of certain properties in order to stimulate the Rossland economic climate. In order to qualify for revitalization tax exemption, the following criteria must be met:
Further information and the application forms are available below or at City Hall, 1899 Columbia Avenue, Rossland. The deadline for application submissions for both programs is July 31, 2016.
Elma Hamming, CFO