General municipal elections are held every four years to fill six councillor seats and one mayoral position. The next municipal election will be in October 2018.
To vote as a resident or non-resident property elector, you must meet all of the following qualifications:
- 18 years or older on voting day,
- a Canadian citizen,
- a resident of B.C. for at least six months before registering,
- have lived in Rossland for at least 30 days prior to registering, and
- not disqualified from voting under the Local Government Act or otherwise disqualified by law
To vote as a property owner, you must:
- be the registered owner or real property in Rossland for at least 30 days prior to registering, and if not the sole owner of the property, you must have the written consent of the majority of individuals registered as owners. You may only vote once regardless of how many properties you own in Rossland.
Your can register at City Hall or on voting day. You must show two pieces of identification with at least one showing your signature. For more information contact Bryan Teasdale, CAO/Corporate Officer at 250-362-2321.