Under the supervision of the Pool Manager the Senior Lifeguard / Instructor performs lifeguarding, swimming instruction, program and staff development, custodial duties and is responsible for the safety and instruction of facility users. The Senior Lifeguard / Instructor coordinates facility activities during the absence of the Pool Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides quality customer service and maintains positive relationships with the public and fellow staff members.
- Monitors activities of patrons and ensures safety and behavioral standards are maintained.
- Performs lifeguarding duties to the Lifesaving Society of BC & Yukon standards.
- Instructs a wide range of swimming lessons, including class preparation and student evaluations and maintains related participant records.
- Performs routine maintenance functions including, but not limited to: pool water chemistry tests, hosing, picking up garbage, mopping, refilling supplies, head counts, etc. Ensures water chemistry and levels are balanced and adjusts, if required. Ensures building and equipment are secure after closing.
- Coordinates daily staff assignments in the absence of the Pool Manager. Assists with ensuring appropriate staffing levels, including responding to large bather counts and or staff illness.
- Plans, develops, leads and participates in programs, special events, lifesaving courses and aquafit classes.
- Addresses problems and concerns to the Pool Manager or Recreation Department.
- Ability to perform other related duties as required.