Under general supervision of the Recreation Programmer and Recreation Manager, the Recreation Program Leader- Skateboard Instructor performs a variety of recreation duties; implements skateboard programs for children; provides leadership and direction for the children registered in the program; supervises the facility; provides guidance to groups engaged in the program; and performs other related duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with participants in implementing skateboard programs.
- Assures skatepark and surrounding area is maintained in a clean, safe and satisfactory fashion. Checks for and reports safety hazards.
- Plans, supervises and coordinates a variety of skateboard drills for participants.
- Maintains registration attendance, safety and activity records.
- Maintains discipline at the skatepark, enforces rules and regulations governing assigned programs and completes incident reports.
- Renders routine first aid as necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.