Under general supervision of the Recreation Programmer and Recreation Manager, the Summer Camp Instructor leads all summer camp groups to their activities, performs a variety of recreation duties; provides leadership and direction for programs as needed; supervises facilities and excursions; provides guidance to campers engaged in recreation activities; maintains communication with parents and recreation staff and performs other duties as required.
Position starts late June for training (12-15 hours of training). Leader will work Monday to Thursday 11 am to 1 pm and Fridays 11 am-4:30 pm for 5-7 weeks throughout the summer: July 3-7, July 10-14, July 24-28, July 31- Aug 4, Aug 8-11*, Aug 14-18, and Aug 28-Sep 1*)
*depends on staff availability & interest
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with groups in implementing assigned programs.
- Performs building attendant tasks including set-up and take-down of equipment, tables and chairs as needed.
- Assures facilities, equipment and play areas are maintained in a clean, safe and satisfactory fashion. Checks for and reports safety hazards.
- Plans and supervises a variety of athletic, recreation programs.
- Maintains attendance, safety and activity records.
- Maintains discipline at assigned facility, enforces rules and regulations governing assigned programs and completes incident reports.
- Renders routine first aid as necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.