The Junior Lifeguard Instructor position performs lifeguarding, instructional and janitorial tasks related to the operations of the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides quality customer service and maintains positive relationships with the public and fellow staff members.
- Monitors activities of patrons and ensures safety and behavioral standards are maintained.
- Performs lifeguarding duties to the Lifesaving Society of BC & Yukon standards and patrols assigned area of responsibility. Completes related reports, as required.
- Instructs a variety of swimming and water safety lessons and maintains related participant records, including class preparations and student evaluations.
- Performs assigned maintenance/janitorial duties.
- Leads games and activities during public sessions and special events.
- Completes manual water tests and adds chemicals, as directed.
- Reports problems and concerns to the Pool Manager.
- Ability to perform other related duties as required.